Monday 1 August 2011

The Courtauld Institute

Well I actually did get into the Courtauld for free today.



This view of the gallery is taken from Somerset House. It is a very small gallery compared to other world renowned art galleries but has some excellent exhibitions here. Being retired now I need to find ways of making the most of my finances so was delighted to find that entrance to the gallery is free on Mondays from 2pm. I was surprised that even the  latest exhibition of Toulouse Lautrec was free.  www.courtauld.ac.uk/gallery/lautrec

I really enjoyed the exhibition and spent a very pleasant couple of hours wandering around and then went over to Somerset House to their cafe to spend any money I had saved on a lovely cup of tea and cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.