Thursday 25 October 2012

Bay of islands

Today we went on a cruise around the Bay of Islands. I did take a travel sickness tablet as I didn't want to miss this one. I stayed up on deck despite the rain . But then we had an amazing downpour which soaked me to the skin before I had a chance of moving inside but then I was rewarded with groups of dolphins.

This one was leaping along in the wake of the boat. (I didn't take this photo someone else did. As you know from my whale watching trip I can only take photos of black dots.) They followed us for quite a distance. Very exciting.

The boat also went through the hole in the rock behind me.






On the way back we stopped at this beautiful island. The shore was covered with sea shells in wonderful shades of blue and purple
 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun time, I love seeing the dolphins. Love the dolphin shot and the beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A spectacular day indeed. I think we all love seeing dolphins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture of a dolphin having fun. And I love that beach, it looks like an idyllic place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this place looks magical and the dolphins friendly and very used to people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful place, a pity that the weather was rather bad !

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dolphin photo is spectacular! They are so much fun to watch when they're frolicking alongside a boat! :o)

    Pity about the rain, but sounds like you had a fabulous outing anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.