Wednesday 30 December 2015

End of 2015


HAPPY NEW YEAR

Before welcoming the New Year I like to reflect on the past 12 months and think about where I have been and what I have done. Visiting new countries as I did with  Mexico, Canada and Poland continues to quench my thirst for new adventures. My travels didn't just take me to  other countries but also around the UK. In April I completed my walk across England which was quite a physical challenge. I also visited Liverpool and the Jurassic coast in Dorset/Devon.

One of the biggest challenges that I am undertaking is to visit every one of the 269 Underground stations  to research above the station and its surroundings. So far I have been to 38 stations so I have some way to go.
Spending time in Manchester with Mum and also with my granddaughter here in London has meant I have less time for voluntary work but I still help out as a sighted guide as often as I can.
Blogging gives me a great deal of pleasure as I read about new places around the world and view some incredible photos. Your continued support of my blogs and the numerous comments you write give me such a thrill.
So thank you, each and everyone of my readers and followers.


None of us know what the future holds but I wish you all a healthy, happy and blogging good year.


18 comments:

  1. bye bye 2000 fifteen

    hello 2000 sixteen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Happy New Year to you. 38 underground stations is a good start and while I doubted your plan was achievable, now I think it is. You have certainly travelled this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a good job in laying out your future endeavors. I wish you well in them, since I will also benefit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your extraordinary adventures throughout 2015 which have also given me glimpses of parts of the country of my birth which I haven't seen. Wishing you a safe, happy and adventurous 2016. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Marie. I'll be back blogging very soon. Dan and I just had an overnight trip to a nice BnB and enjoyed some history. I'll be writing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year. I wish you a wonderful 2016 filled with all sorts of pleasant adventures :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very best wishes for 2016 Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A happy 2016 to you as well. Can't wait to read about your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the good wishes and a Very Happy 2016 to you too.
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a lot of beautiful travels this year ! And it seems that this year has been good to you. Wish you all the best for the next year !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, isn't is wonderful feeling to travel and see new places. I enjoyed visiting your blog the past year. I look forward to seeing your new adventures. I wish you and your family a very happy, healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you having achieved so much in this past year! Wishing you health & happiness to do lots more in 2016!
    Christineandhercamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are watching fireworks by our neighbors across the water. Not as spectacular as yours but fun. Happy New Year, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh very cool fireworks photos, we saw some that the neighbours were letting off last night, we couldnt' get over to the city as there were too many people and too much traffic going in and out of there, happy new year for 2016 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post. Very well done as are all your posts. Hope you continue to have more adventures in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you have had a great year. I so admire that long walk you did.
    Have a wonderful 2016! Janey

    ReplyDelete
  17. 2015 has been filled with travel and adventure for you, along with family as well. What a wonderful time you have had and your enthusiasm for the future is a beautiful way to walk into the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.