Wednesday 16 December 2015

Stained glass windows in Krakow

Walking around the old town in Krakow, Poland you cannot fail to be impressed by the stained glass in places of worship, restaurants, hotels and shop windows.








I liked the modern designs. This one is in St Francis's Basilica.



These colourful windows are in the Temple Synagogue



This window was in the door of the stained glass workshop. Unfortunately it was closed when I tried to visit but I did meet one of the owners who took me inside to view some of their current projects which were fantastic. This would be top of my list of places to visit if I am fortunate to return to Krakow.

10 comments:

  1. Definitely great stained glasss. Love from Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see two faiths represented in light!









    Warm ALOHA,
    ComfortSpiral

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_('')

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really lovely stained glass. I too like the modern designs.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful glass! Thank you so much for sharing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These windows are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a big fan of stained glass, I thoroughly approve. I also like the modern take on them too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are indeed beautiful ! I got polish chocolate and a beautiful Christmas cushion cover from my Polish cleaning lady. She is such a sweet person. Her daughter lives in Ireland so she goes there for Christmas. The chocolate WAS excellent !

    ReplyDelete
  8. The glass is so beautiful, different from other places I've been. You don't see much modern stained glass design in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.