Welcome to my blog

This is it! I've given up work -retired from the rat race and am about to start on a 10 year adventure, doing all those things I've been meaning to do but never had the time to do them. I've offloaded my responsibilities and it is now my time. So follow my adventures and see whether I actually manage anything!



Friday, 20 January 2017

Scadbury Park

Last weekend I went for a walk around a local nature reserve called Scadbury Park. It was cold with a sprinkling of snow that had turned to ice overnight but it was good to be out in the fresh air.


The pathways were frozen and care was needed. I am doing another long distance walk in April so I need to increase the length of my walks.












It is a three mile walk around the nature reserve so I went round twice.




It is a three mile walk around the nature reserve so I decided to go round twice and then home for a welcome cup of tea.

17 comments:

  1. You deserve a cuppa after walkig 6 miles.Lovely snow scenes. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely place for a winter's walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess your walking kept you warm. Where is your next walking trip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful wintry shots!

    Yep, its a line of washing hanging from the windows. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely snowy landscape, so different from here in Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Six miles is nothing to sneeze at. And there does look to be a fair amount of ice as well. Best to be careful so you can do that long walk and not get injured. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a good walk in those conditions :) Good for you.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. A rather chilly walk I see, good for your condition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a nice warm cup of tea after a walk in the cold. It's my favourite part of winter here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Twice...wow...I wonder if I could keep up with you.

    Love that gnarly tree (I'm a serious tree lover)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty - I love the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh well done, 6 miles in those slippery conditions was a brilliant effort, you will be well ready for the walk in April!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice, haven't tried getting ice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cup of tea at the end was a good pay-off for going around the course twice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks cold and I'm sure that cup of tea was most welcome! Excited to hear where your long-distance walk will be this time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course you went around again after "only" a three-mile walk. You're amazing! And I'm sure you'll be ready for the long-distance walk in April.

    This was a lovely nature preserve. I could probably have made it around once ))

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.