Monday 23 October 2017

Boothbay Harbour



 
We left Portland, Maine in the rain and arrived at the Anchor Inn, Boothbay Harbour by mid afternoon. We had stopped for a couple of hours at Freeport to look at the shops and have some lunch.  Our home for the next few days was the end lodge. It had everything we wanted except good wifi. If we wanted to check emails etc we had to go to the lounge next to reception but otherwise it was fine. We would be the last people staying here before it closed for the season. I hadn't realised that the Summer season ended so soon, I thought it would have gone on until the end of October.
The town was just that bit too far for us to walk into so we needed the car each trip. We were staying here for four nights so that M could spend some time with her elderly aunt who lives here.


We finally tasted local lobster here and it was worth the wait. No photos as I was too busy eating.


We strolled around the harbour enjoying the evening light.






We then drove to East Boothbay to meet up with M's aunt. She is a very active 95 yr old and it was a real pleasure to spend time with her.

24 comments:

  1. A photo op everywhere you turn, what a beautiful harbor, and smiling aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely harbor! Lucky you got to spend four days here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool and calm place!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A highlight of my own travels. Barbecued fresh lobster in Sri Lanka - mmmm! You had fabulous light and fabulous food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of pretty reflections - what a lovely part of the world

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you're in the USA - well eat all the goodies here:) Ask for pumpkin pie and pecan pie:) Great captures of Maine - have a fun time, Blog Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very placid water on mudflats. October does seem very early to close down accommodation. I checked on a map and it is quite far north. The coast line on a map looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots from the harbor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing views. Loved the post and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hearing about an active 95 year old warms my heart. My mom is 90 and struggling to get back to normal, which was very active. Boothbay looks like a quiet, peaceful harbor town. Glad you made it before they closed up for the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That light is beautiful, great photos. And the aunt looks amazing well at 95. Hope we will do too...:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful pictures. I hope I am as active as her aunt if I am blessed to reach her age. And I'm so glad you're having such a wonderful visit. That lobster sounded delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow---age 95? Awesome..... Not sure I'll make it that far and look THAT good...

    Sorry about the Wifi.... I hate to go to places like that (especially the ones that advertise that they DO have it) and then only to find that they don't..... We now have unlimited on our phones --so if an area has Verizon, I can use my hotspot to connect when there's no wifi... That helps.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maine is a pretty state. I hope you enjoyed a lobster dinner while there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a really lovely place! Like all the reflections. I can see myself spending several days there. #OurWorldTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely time, more great memories -- and I want to be like your friend's Aunt!

    On our first trip East which was to 'peep' at the leaves in Vermont/NH, we were surprised to find that all the RV Parks were closing in mid-October. So we didn't get to Maine on that trip, but turned west again .... we closed RV Parks as we went.... Halloween weekend was the end of the season in Pennsylvania and throughout the mid-west. We westerners were as surprised as you were!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.